What is plant calcium? Calcium-rich plants
Calcium is a widespread mineral in everyday life. However, we often encounter many forms of inorganic calcium instead of organic calcium (from plants). So what is plant calcium,and in which foods are they abundant? Let Solife Vietnam answer in detail in the article below!
1. What is plant calcium?
Organic calcium (plant calcium)is a form of calcium from nature, made up of calcium ions and several compounds such as Calcium caseinate, calcium gluconate, and calcium hydroxyapatite. This type of calcium is derived mainly from animals and plants.
Nutritionists always encourage people to choose organic calcium for the body. Because this is a type of calcium that is easily soluble, it helps the body absorb faster, more, and more effectively. On the other hand, they can easily be excreted in the urine, helping to reduce the risk of calcium deposition, and affecting the digestive system.
Organic calcium usually has no flavor or a natural taste, so it is easy to drink. Almost all subjects, especially children and the elderly, can supplement daily for the body.
2. Plants rich in calcium
Our bodies consume a lot of different foods. In particular, each type of food will contain a certain amount of nutrients to meet the needs of each person. Here are some calcium-rich foods that you should not skip in your daily meals:
- Nuts (sesame seeds, flax seeds, almonds, macadamia …): They contain plant calcium, iron, and manganese along with healthy fats.
- Cheese: Nutrition from cheese helps prevent the risk of diabetes, and stroke, especially in the elderly. Each piece of cheese can meet from 5 to 20% of the body’s daily calcium needs.
- Milk and dairy products: Milk contains soluble calcium, which is easily absorbed by the body. In particular, yogurt is a food rich in calcium, vitamins, minerals and probiotics, which is very good for resistance and digestion. Please add at least 1 glass of fresh milk or 1 jar of yogurt every day.
- Legumes (soybeans, red beans, black beans, peas) not only contain a lot of calcium but also have high fiber and protein content, good for health.
- Vegetables (amaranth, kale, spinach, spinach, turnips, asparagus, cauliflower, and watercress) provide large amounts of calcium and fiber for the body. They also help supplement vitamins and minerals and help improve the digestive system.
These are all plants with the very high calcium content. Besides, organic calcium is also abundant in fish, especially salmon, and sardines. So, in your daily menu, do not ignore these two types of fish rich in protein, omega 3.
3. How to supplement plant calcium effectively?
There are two simple ways to get calcium from plants: Through food and oral preparations.
The first way, regularly provide calcium-rich foods for the body in daily meals. However, you should eat just enough, and should not abuse too much because it can cause obesity or other bad effects on health.
Subjects such as pregnant women, the elderly, children of developing age, or people with bone and joint problems will have higher needs than the average person. Therefore, calcium supplementation from preparations is an effective solution when food sources do not meet the body’s needs.
On the market today, there are many different types of calcium supplements and plant foods. khác nhau. However, considering based on your actual needs, and choosing quality products, it is better to consult a doctor.
Read more: Instructions on how to supplement calcium and important notes
4. Notes when supplementing with vegetable calcium
Plant calcium is considered to be benign, and not harmful to the health of users. However, to be able to absorb effectively and minimize the negative effects on health, please pay attention to:
Firstly: Choose the right source of organic calcium supplements to help the body absorb the most easily. Priority should be given to choosing this type of calcium from food, in case it does not meet the body’s needs, it is recommended to refer to drugs and organic calcium-rich foods to balance nutrition for the body.
Read more: The list of top 10 vegetables rich in calcium is good for bones and joints
Second: Add calcium in general and organic plant calcium in particular according to the amount recommended by WHO. Specifically:
- For children aged 0 – 6 months: About 210mg/day.
- Children 7-12 months: About 270mg/day.
- Children from 1-3 years old: About 500mg/day.
- Children 4 – 8 years old: About 800mg/day.
- Children from 9 to 18 years old: About 1,300mg/day.
- Adults 19 – 50 years old: About 1,000mg/day.
- People over 51 years old, pregnant women, lactating women, or some other special subjects should provide enough 1,200-1300mg of calcium/per day.
Third: Prioritize calcium supplementation in the morning or afternoon to bring the best effect. Should take calcium before eating 30 minutes or about 1 hour after eating to not affect the health of the stomach.
Fourth: Plant calcium, although safe, should not be supplemented at the same time with iron or some other therapeutic drugs to avoid negative effects that reduce each other’s effectiveness.
Fifth: Supplement with the right amount allowed, should not abuse calcium and supplement in an overdose in a continuous time.
Sixth: Combine with a healthy lifestyle, regular exercise, stay away from beer, alcohol, tobacco as well as other stimulants to keep the body healthy and increase the efficiency of calcium use.
Read more: Exercises that are good for bones and joints that you can do at home
Through this article on Solife, hopefully, readers have been able to understand what plant calcium is as well as how to supplement this type of calcium safely and effectively. Please apply the useful knowledge in this article to protect strong bones and joints, and develop well, and a healthy and vibrant body.