What Is Organic Calcium? How To Effectively Supplement Organic Calcium
Experts often encourage people to add organic calcium to the body, not inorganic calcium. So what is organic calcium and how do we need to supplement with organic calcium? Let’s find out more with Solife!
1. What is organic calcium?
Calcium is an important mineral in the human body and has many important health uses. Organic calcium and inorganic calcium are two forms of this substance:
- Organic calcium: made up of calcium ions and organic compounds. Such as Calcium Gluconate, Calcium Caseinate,… In general, organic calcium can be understood almost like calcium present in the human body and we can easily absorb it.
- Inorganic calcium: is a compound composed of calcium ions and inorganic compounds. Inorganic calcium can be found naturally (such as mussel shells, seashells, ..) or can be created through chemical reactions in production. Some common inorganic calcium compounds are: Calcium Carbonate CaCO3 (component of limestone), Calcium Sulfate CaSO4, Calcium Chloride CaCl2,… Inorganic calcium often has a bad taste, fishy and difficult to eat.
The following table will help you better understand the effects of organic calcium and inorganic calcium on the body:
|Criteria||Inorganic calcium||Organic Calcium|
|Absorption ability||Absorption is limited because most inorganic calcium compounds are in the form of insoluble salts.||Organic calcium is easily absorbed because it is a soluble organic compound.|
|Risk of calcium deposition||Inorganic calcium is easily deposited because it is difficult for the body to absorb this form of calcium. Most of the inorganic calcium put into the body is deposited in the kidneys (causing nephrolithiasis), in the blood vessels (causing calcification of blood vessels); In addition, this excess calcium can also put the body at risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke.||Because of its good absorption, organic calcium is less likely to be deposited. Excess calcium is also easily eliminated through the excretory system.|
|Compatibility||Easy to cause heat in the body, acne, constipation||Does not cause heat in the body, acne and constipation|
|Effects on pregnant women||Pregnant women have great calcium requirements (about 1500mg/day). However, inorganic calcium is not a suitable source of calcium for pregnant women because they can cause calcification, slow fetal growth, and anemia.||Organic calcium is easily absorbed, so it is very suitable for pregnant women. Preventing the risk of calcification and reducing the obstruction to the absorption of iron and folic acid by the fetus.|
2. What is the effect of organic calcium?
Through the above comparisons, you may already know that organic calcium has more positive effects on human health. The advantages of organic calcium are:
- Organic calcium is easily dissolved and absorbed by the body. This is the right form of calcium to supplement the body.
- Organic calcium is less likely to be deposited in the body. In addition, it is easily excreted, so it will limit the possibility of diseases related to calcium being deposited.
- The structure of organic calcium is compatible with calcium in the body, so it does not cause heat in the body, constipation and other digestive problems.
- Organic calcium has a natural taste, so it is easy to drink, easy to supplement daily.
3. The most effective organic calcium supplements
For effective organic calcium supplements, you can refer to the following sources:
3.1 Organic calcium supplements from food sources
This is the most important source of organic calcium supplements. If you build a reasonable and balanced diet; You can completely get enough calcium from only natural foods.
Organic calcium compounds are found in many foods, both of plant and animal origin. So specifically, which foods are organic calcium found in? Foods rich in organic calcium are: cheese, milk, sardines, legumes, dark green leafy vegetables, tofu, seafood, meat,…
3.2 Supplementing with organic calcium from functional foods
In case the diet cannot meet the calcium requirements (must be on a diet, treat diseases) or have high calcium requirements (pregnant women, middle-aged people, developing children), you can organic calcium supplements by functional foods calcium supplements. High-quality organic calcium-containing functional foods must have natural ingredients to ensure easy absorption and compatibility with the body, without causing heat in the body and digestive problems.
4. Things to keep in mind when adding organic calcium to the body
To best absorb organic calcium, you need to note the following:
- Choose sources of organic calcium supplements carefully, ensuring the source for easy absorption by the body and preventing adverse effects on the body.
- Supplement calcium according to the right amount, do not add too much because the body cannot absorb it all.
- Do not abuse functional foods, but must combine them with a balanced and varied diet
- Supplement calcium after eating so as not to affect the stomach.
- If you intend to share organic calcium supplements and medications, you should consult your doctor carefully because these drugs may inhibit each other.
Read more: 6 ways to help strengthen bones you should know
Through the article, you must have known what organic calcium is and how to effectively supplement organic calcium. Solife firmly believes that you can apply this knowledge to ensure the health of the whole family!