What is multivitamins ? Effects of multivitamins
In everyday life, we must have heard a lot of the phrase “multivitamin”. So do you really understand what a multivitamin is? and its main function for health? In this article, let’s go to Solife to learn detailed information to use multivitamins effectively.
1. What is a multivitamin?
A synthetic vitamin is a vitamin that is artificially produced and contains all the necessary vitamin components for the body. However, because they are artificially produced, they are not naturalized, i.e. not isolated from natural food sources.
They are often used as an adjunct to vitamin supplements for people with vitamin deficiencies or insufficient vitamin requirements through the daily diet.
2. Multivitamins include which vitamins?
Above, we already know what a multivitamin is. In this section, let’s find out what vitamins are in multivitamins that many people are interested in.
Multivitamins provide the body with various minerals and vitamins. Vitamins that can be included in multivitamins include:
- Vitamin C: An important antioxidant that boosts the immune system, aids iron absorption, improves skin health, and boosts metabolism.
- Vitamin E: A substance that helps protect cells from damage caused by free radicals and boosts immune function.
- Vitamin B3 (niacin): An essential vitamin for energy metabolism, nerve function, and skin health.
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine): An essential vitamin for red blood cell production, nerve function, and heart health.
- Vitamin B9 (folate): An essential vitamin for cell production and fetal development, it helps reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin): An essential vitamin for cell production and nerve function, it helps promote digestive health.
- Vitamin A: An important vitamin for the development and functioning of organs such as eyes, skin and the immune system.
- Vitamin D: helps maintain bone health and helps boost immune function.
- Vitamin K: An important vitamin for blood clotting and bone health.
3. The effects of multivitamins
3.1 Helps to enhance brain function
Some multivitamins are especially helpful in supporting brain health. For example, vitamin B12 is considered essential for the production and maintenance of nerve cells, while vitamin D enhances thinking and concentration. Or minerals like iron and zinc are also thought to be important in maintaining the health of the nervous system.
3.2 Reduce the risk of heart attack
Effects of multivitamins That is to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. Because multivitamins often contain ingredients like vitamin C, vitamin E, B-complex vitamins, and folic acid, these ingredients can help improve heart health.
However, it should be noted that a multivitamin is no substitute for a healthy and balanced diet, especially regular exercise, to maintain good heart health.
3.3 Eye supplement
What are the effects of multivitamins in eye health?
Multivitamins provide nutrients essential for eye health and function, including vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E and vitamin B-complex. Supplementing with this active ingredient can help reduce the risk and slow the progression of macular degeneration, one of the leading causes of blindness in the world. In addition, taking a multivitamin can also improve some other common eye problems like cataracts.
To summarize, in the above article of Solife, we clearly know what a multivitamin is and its important effects on human health. However, it should be noted that multivitamins cannot replace a healthy and varied diet. Multivitamin supplements should be taken under the supervision of a dietitian or doctor to be safe and effective.