Vitamin C increase height? How to supplement?
Vitamin C is a nutrient that offers many great health benefits, especially for children. However, does vitamin C increase height, how to supplement with a reasonable dose? Let Solife answer these questions in detail below
1. Effect of vitamin C on increasing height
Does vitamin C increase height? In fact, this vitamin has certain effects on height growth.
Specifically, vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is an active ingredient found in many fruits and some vegetables. This vitamin helps strengthen bones, teeth, and supports bone growth. Therefore, it can help to grow taller in children.
Not only does it help increase resistance, improve the immune system, many studies have shown that consuming vitamin C regularly can increase the antioxidant level in the blood by up to 30%. This helps the body fight swelling and inflammation, creating conditions for strong bones to grow and achieve the ideal height.
2. How to supplement vitamin C to increase height properly?
In fact, vitamin C can increase height no longer depends on the dose as well as the supplement method. The right supplements combined with exercise can help increase height during puberty. So how to supplement vitamin C to increase height?
First: Note on how to supplement.
Vitamin C can be absorbed into the body through many different ways: orally, by eating and even by injection. Different methods will bring different results.
Doctors recommend, for normal people, to supplement vitamin C only through daily foods. This is enough to meet the body’s need for this vitamin.
For cases of disease or severe vitamin deficiency, vitamin C should be supplemented through dietary supplements, food supplements or injections. However, care should be taken in terms of dosage and frequency of use.
Readmore: Instructions on how to use vitamin C for health
Second: About dosage.
With vitamin C from food, it is not necessary to pay too much attention to the dosage, but should not be abused too much. For vitamin C preparations, follow the instructions from the manufacturer or your doctor’s prescription.
The recommended daily dose of vitamin C (RDA) as recommended by the US FDA:
- Children 1-3 years old: 15mg.
- Children 4 – 8 years old: 25mg.
- Children 9-13 years old: 45mg.
- Teenagers 14 – 18 years old: 65 – 75mg.
- Female 19 years and older: 75mg.
- Male 19 years and older: 90mg.
- Pregnant women: about 85mg.
- Lactation: About 115 – 120mg.
And in order for vitamin C supplementation to have the best effect for height growth and strong bones, please note:
- It is recommended to drink a lot of water when taking vitamin C supplements for better absorption and elimination of this vitamin.
- Supplementing with the right dose as prescribed by the doctor, the abuse can cause dangerous reactions: Nausea, dizziness, diarrhea, increasing the risk of kidney stones.
- Should supplement vitamin C in the morning, absolutely should not supplement at night because it can cause insomnia.
- Do not arbitrarily increase or decrease the dose of vitamin C, do not stop using this vitamin suddenly because it can lead to fatigue, increased leg bleeding, bleeding on the skin.
- If you are taking high doses due to significant vitamin C deficiency, do not stop using it suddenly, it will lead to bleeding on the skin, bleeding gums, body fatigue, etc.
Read more: Recommended Dose Of Vitamin C And Notes When Taking It
3. Foods containing vitamin C help increase height
Here are the fruits rich in vitamin C, good for growing the body’s height:
3.1 Lychee Fruit
In 100g of lychee, there are 72mg of vitamin C, accounting for 79% of the need for this vitamin in adults. Therefore, this is a fruit that is recommended to be regularly added to the body. Lychee also contains many fatty acids such as omega3, omega6, antioxidants that are beneficial for the heart, brain and body.
Even so, litchi is a relatively hot fruit, which can cause hypoglycemia. Therefore, you should limit eating lychee on an empty stomach and should eat with a certain portion.
On average, a guava contains about 126mg of vitamin C, the content of this vitamin in 100g of guava can be up to 228mg, 2 times higher than the normal needs of the body. The addition of guava is an extremely effective solution to increase the amount of vitamin C for any subject.
Grapefruit is a fruit that any part can be used: Grapefruit peel can be used to make tea, treat colic, grapefruit seeds can relieve constipation, lower blood sugar. Meanwhile, grapefruit cloves are the part that contains a significant amount of vitamin C. In 100g of grapefruit, there are 61mg of vitamin C.
A glass of grapefruit juice or 3-4 grapefruit can provide enough vitamin C for the whole day.
In 100g of kiwi, there are 93mg of vitamin C, accounting for 80% of the needs of an average person. On the other hand, eating kiwi regularly also helps to lower blood cholesterol levels, strengthen immunity, reduce the risk of stroke, etc. Therefore, regularly supplement this fruit to protect health and promote height.
Does vitamin C increase height? All have been answered by Solife. Hopefully with this information, readers will have more useful knowledge in vitamin C supplementation, not only to improve overall health, strengthen the immune system but also in height development.