Top 7 Best Quality Calcium Supplements
It is not difficult to find a wide range of calcium supplements on the market, with a variety of brands, prices and quality. So what are the criteria to choose the calcium supplement tablets ? Is this brand reputable and affordable? Please read and answer the above questions through the following article of Solife.
1. Role of calcium for health
Calcium is one of the essential nutrients, playing an important role in the overall development of the body. Calcium is best known for its effects on the musculoskeletal system – joints, is the main component of bone tissue, helps strengthen bone structure and teeth. However, calcium is also important for a variety of biochemical and physiological processes in the body, such as:
- Ensure comprehensive physical development in children: common diseases in children with physical retardation, such as rickets and malnutrition, are caused by calcium deficiency. Therefore, providing the necessary amount of calcium for children at important developmental stages is a matter of concern for parents.
- Help you have a healthy circulatory system: The key to a healthy circulatory system is in the heart. An interesting little-known fact is that after being absorbed through the bloodstream and delivered to the heart, calcium ions will be a catalyst to create nerve impulses that control the heartbeat.
- Regulating the motor nervous system: The motor nervous system is the most advanced nervous system in the brain system. The endpoints of this nervous system are the muscle groups. The contraction – stretching of muscle groups depends mainly on the difference in the concentration of calcium and potassium ions in the blood. Therefore, sometimes the source of cramps is calcium deficiency.
- Brain development: calcium acts as a substance to maintain the continuity in the transmission of nerve impulses of the synapses, thereby maintaining the overall development of the brain.
2. Criteria for choosing quality calcium supplements
The use of calcium supplements has gradually become very popular. On the market are circulating a lot of functional foods that are “labeled” as calcium supplements, but in reality it is difficult to determine which is the new quality product. So what are the standards for evaluating quality?
The first is the reputation of the brand. The big brands are corporations specializing in pharmaceuticals and nutritional products. With long-term experience in product research, optimization and development, these brands often lead the market in terms of revenue and public credibility. When choosing products from these brands , you can be assured of quality, origin and comprehensive customer care policies. Some famous global brands of calcium supplements include: Solgar, DHC, Blackmores,…
Next is the composition and dosage of calcium in the product. The need for calcium supplements from oral tablets of each person is very different. Therefore, before deciding to use a certain type of calcium tablet, you need to carefully read about the composition and calcium content in the tablet. Above all, people who have a history of allergies to the ingredients of calcium tablets or are in special health conditions (pregnant, nursing, under the prescribed age, have other medical conditions, .. ) need to pay close attention to this criterion to avoid harm to health.
Last but not least is the price. Many people think that buying cheap calcium supplements is a top priority. However, readers should combine all three criteria to choose the right product, instead of choosing price as the gold standard. A good calcium supplement is a product that must have quality for the price
3. Top 7 best calcium supplements today
3.1 Solgar Calcium Magnesium And Zinc 100 Vegetable Tablets
Solgar is a brand originating from the United States. Solgar Calcium Magnesium and Zinc is one of the calcium supplement product lines for adults. With natural origin, this is a high-quality product line, suitable for many subjects (including vegetarians) and always the first choice for calcium supplements.
3.2 DHC Calcium + CBP
This is a fairly popular calcium pill originating from the Japanese brand DHC. This product is packaged according to the package specification. Each pack contains 120 tablets with a characteristic milky aroma, which can be chewed or taken. Due to the above characteristics, this product is very suitable for children.
3.3 Doppelherz calcium magnesium D3
With the main ingredients being vitamin D3 and calcium, Doppelherz calcium magnesium D3 calcium supplements are a worthy choice to supplement calcium, help promote comprehensive health and avoid bone and joint diseases. Product is from Germany.
3.4 Nature’s Bounty Calcium Magnesium Zinc
Nature’s Bounty is a brand from the United States. Nature’s Bounty Calcium Magnesium Zinc is one of the main products, helping to supplement all three important trace elements at the same time as calcium, magnesium and zinc.
3.5 Organika Calcium Magnesium Zinc D3
This is a form of calcium tablets researched and manufactured by Canada’s leading pharmaceutical corporation – Organika. This is considered a solution to help strengthen the development of bones and teeth, reduce the risk of osteoporosis, joint pain.
3.6 Calcium Magnesium Zinc Puritan’s Pride
Enriched with natural herbal extracts, Calcium Magnesium Zinc Puritan’s Pride is a companion for adults. The product contains a very rich amount of micronutrients including calcium, zinc, magnesium and vitamin D3, which improves the body’s calcium absorption performance.
3.7 Blackmores Total Calcium Magnesium + D3
The last brand that Solife would like to introduce to readers is Blackmores – a pharmaceutical corporation headquartered in Australia. Blackmores calcium tablets will help you have an abundant amount of calcium to make up for the lack of calcium in your daily diet.
After this article of Solife, readers must have mastered the criteria to choose the right calcium tablet product . These products are all sourced from reputable brands. Be a smart consumer and choose carefully the above products to ensure the effectiveness of calcium supplements for the body.