Should zinc and vitamin e be combined at the same time?
Zinc and Vitamin E are two kinds of nutrients essential for human health. Zinc helps strengthen the immune system, support metabolism and reduce the risk of disease. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that helps protect cells from damage caused by free radicals. However, many people still wonder if it is possible Take Zinc and Vitamin E at the same time or not? Let’s find out the important notes when using these two nutrients in the article below.
1. Effects of Zinc and Vitamin E
1.1 Effects of Zinc on the body
Zinc (ZinC) is an important component of the body’s cellular structure and enzyme system. It is involved in many important biological processes, including the breakdown of nucleic acids and proteins. Zinc also helps the body adapt to the external environment and synthesize and secrete growth hormone to strengthen the immune system and fight infections.
Deficiency of this substance can lead to abnormal manifestations and specific pathologies. For example, zinc deficiency can cause neurological disorders, behavioral disturbances, and sensitivity to taste. It can also cause hair to become stiff, yellowish, brittle nails, slow growth, dry skin, darkening, appear less white on the skin.
1.2 Effects of Vitamin E on the body
Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin that is important for the health of the body.
- Improve skin tone, make skin smooth, youthful and minimize wrinkles. In addition, if vitamin E is deficient, hair becomes dry and brittle. Therefore, they are often added to skin and hair care products.
- Prevents skin aging: Regular exposure to the sun will make the skin damaged and aging quickly. Supplementing with vitamin E will help improve this condition, reduce the aging process, give you a younger and more beautiful skin.
- This vitamin can help the uterus of girls to grow and limit testicular atrophy in boys.
- In addition, they also help reduce the rate of premature birth or miscarriage, ensuring the health of both pregnant mother and fetus.
- Helps reduce symptoms of hot flashes, menstrual disorders and improves psychological well-being for menopausal women.
In summary, vitamin E supplementation is a simple and effective way to maintain the body’s health and help improve many health problems of women and children.
2. Should Zinc and Vitamin E be taken at the same time?
As recommended by the Doctor, oral zinc with vitamin e will not cause harm to health. Vitamin E and other vitamins are antioxidants that the body cannot produce on its own. When zinc is used together with vitamin E, they can increase their effectiveness against free radicals, protecting the skin and body from harmful effects.
However, when supplementing with both zinc and vitamin E, it is important to ensure that the total amount of both does not exceed the amount required by the body. Exceeding the dosage can cause side effects. For zinc, the dosage is about 40 milligrams/day and vitamin E is in the range of 1,000-1,500 milligrams in international units per day.
3. What substances should not be taken with Zinc?
There are many people who use oral zinc with vitamin e or other minerals at the same time to protect health. However, when these active ingredients are used together, there may be some catalysts. From there, reduce their function. Some substances that need special attention when used with zinc include:
- Calcium and iron: they can compete with zinc for receptors, leading to decreased absorption of zinc. Therefore, if taking zinc along with calcium or iron, you should leave about 2 hours between supplements. Note, you should take zinc before iron because iron will interfere with the absorption of zinc.
- Phytates, an ingredient found in many foods such as whole grain breads, beans and other grains, have the ability to bind to ZinC (zinc) and inhibit its absorption. So when you want to supplement zinc, avoid consuming these foods 2 hours after taking zinc.
4. Notes when taking Zinc and Vitamin E at the same time
Can combine taking zinc and vitamin E, or each type. When using it, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Amount: No more than 1,000-1,500 international units of vitamin E per day should be used in combination with zinc. The recommended amount of zinc is 40 milligrams per day.
- When to use: The best time to take zinc is before or at least 2 hours after eating, while vitamin E should be taken with a meal or 1 hour after eating to help increase absorption.
In summary, take zinc and vitamin E has a good effect on the human body. However, to optimize the effectiveness of both types, it is necessary to carefully study or consult with someone with professional experience. Hopefully, the above information of Solife has helped you better understand zinc and vitamin E and use them effectively.