Is it okay to take Collagen and Vitamin C at the same time?
Collagen and vitamin C are one of the factors that determine the firmness and smoothness of the skin that almost every woman knows. Collagen và vitamin C will gradually decrease naturally, so it is very important to supplement these two nutrients. So supplementing collagen and vitamin C like that in the right way? Is it okay to take collagen and vitamin C at the same time? Let’s find out through the article of Solife.blog below!
1. Can collagen and vitamin C be taken at the same time?
As we age, our ability to absorb collagen and vitamin C decreases.
In fact, Collagen is a protein that accounts for 25% to 35% of the total body protein and counts 70% of the skin structure, distributed mainly in the dermis with the main function of connecting tissues in the body, stimulating the metabolism (1). With the skin, collagen is considered as a glue that connects the cells under the skin, creating a support, helping the skin to stretch, elastic, supple and increase the durability of the skin, helping the skin heal quickly. Depletion of collagen can lead to dry skin, loss of elasticity, wrinkles, aging, sagging, wrinkle formation in the skin. After the age of 25, collagen will begin to decline by about 1 to 1.2%. After the age of 30, the amount of collagen is reduced by 15%, after the age of 40, the amount of collagen is reduced by 30%, after the age of 50, the amount of collagen is reduced by 45% (2).
Besides, vitamin C is one of the body’s antioxidants, fighting free radicals, protecting cells. If there is a lack of vitamin C in the epidermis, free radicals can cause cell damage. In particular, the specific function of vitamin C is to play a role in collagen formation; lack of vitamin C makes collagen synthesis defective. In addition, vitamin C also helps increase immune function, detoxification.
So is it okay to take collagen and vitamin C at the same time? The addition of vitamin C and collagen is very important in maintaining beauty. According to experts, collagen is more likely to be produced in the presence of vitamin C than without it. Therefore, taking collagen and vitamin C at the same time will be more effective.
In addition, you can read more: Should You Take Zinc And Vitamin C At The Same Time?
2. Supplement with collagen and vitamin C properly
Although collagen and vitamin C are both essential nutrients for skin health, the body synthesizes them differently. So need to learn about how to take collagen and vitamin C in the most effective way.
Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that is easily absorbed and is best absorbed on an empty stomach. The best time to supplement is on an empty stomach. Should be supplemented in the morning, 30-45 minutes before meals or 2 hours after meals. Vitamin C should not be taken before bed because vitamin C is acidic, avoiding vitamin C before bed can prevent unnecessary heartburn. Besides, the body only takes a necessary amount of vitamins and the excess will be excreted in the urine. This amino is not stored in the body, so we should supplement with the recommended daily amount of vitamin C to avoid diseases related to excess and deficiency of vitamin C.
Experts say you can take collagen at any time of the day. However, the evening is the best time to replenish collagen. After a long tiring day, supplementing with collagen helps the body to relax and relax, it is also the time when the body repairs, recovers, regenerates as well as rebuilds broken muscles.
3. The secret to help the skin become healthy and beautiful
There are many factors that affect skin health such as: Dirt, smoke, excess oil, makeup, sweat, especially age … make the skin shiny, clogged pores, dry cracked. , dullness, irritation, wrinkle formation.
To protect and improve the skin from the inside by supplementing with collagen and vitamin C we can combine with measures such as:
- Skin care from the outside: Clean, balance, moisturize the skin, use sunscreen to protect the skin.
- Choose a collagen supplement that includes vitamin C to help your body absorb collagen better. However, the vitamin C in collagen supplements is usually very small.
- Sleep properly and enough: When sleeping, the body will help restore and regenerate the skin. Not only is it good for skin health, but getting enough sleep is good for your entire body.
- Drink enough water: Drinking enough water helps keep the skin moist, limiting skin diseases, and reducing skin allergies. The adult human body is about 70% water. Water is very important for the human body.
- Healthy diet: Follow a healthy, scientific diet that helps the body and skin to be supplemented with nutrients from nature, healthy, less disease, good quality of life.
Read more: What are the top 12 foods contain Vitamin C
- Exercise daily: exercise helps sweat, and eliminate toxins from the body.
4. Buy genuine collagen and vitamin C supplements at Solife
Taking collagen and vitamin C at the same time will bring great effects on body health in general and skin health in particular. Currently on the market there are many lines of collagen and vitamin C supplements.. Besides, fake and poor-quality goods are also produced and sold rampantly. Solife with the criterion of putting prestige and customer health first. Coming to Solife, you will be committed to 100% genuine products, diverse products, fast delivery, and many incentives Get advice, enthusiastic support, answer questions related to products. Contact for consultation and order now.
5. Notes when adding these two compounds
- You should drink a lot of water to help your body easily digest and absorb collagen and vitamin C.
- Consult your doctor, product supplier before use. If you are allergic to any ingredient in the supplement, discontinue use to be on the safe side.
- Besides supplementing with collagen and vitamin C, it is necessary to take care of the skin from the outside to have beautiful skin from the inside out.
To make the skin youthful, firm, slow aging, supplement collagen and vitamin C early, when the body begins to decline. In addition, it should be combined with skin care methods from the outside, healthy eating and reasonable exercise.
Read more: What should not be taken with vitamin c? Things you should keep in mind