Is drinking a lot of zinc good? What to pay attention to when drinking?
Zinc is an essential mineral for the development and functioning of the body, so it is very important to get the necessary amount of zinc for good health. However, the problem here is Is drinking a lot of zinc good?? What should be noted when using zinc. With Solife find out and make accurate comments in this article!
1. The role of Zinc for the body
Zinc is an essential mineral for the human body. It has an important role in biochemical processes and supports organ functions, including:
- Immune system support: by enhancing the activity of immune cells, including T cells and B cells. Thereby, improving the body’s immunity to infectious and pathological diseases other.
- Supports Metabolism: Zinc helps convert food into energy and absorb nutrients such as proteins, carbohydrates, and fats.
- Helps maintain skin health: Zinc is a major component of collagen, a protein important in giving structure to skin, hair and nails. Therefore, it has a good effect in maintaining moisture and enhancing the recovery process of the skin after damage.
- Supports nerve function: by helping to improve the speed of signaling between nerve cells and reducing the risk of nerve-related diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease.
- Reproductive health support: Zinc is a key component in spermatogenesis and the production of male and female sex hormones. It helps improve sperm quality and may help reduce the risk of infertility in men.
2. Is drinking a lot of Zinc good?
Taking zinc in the correct dose and adequate amount in the daily diet is good for health. Zinc plays an important role in many bodily functions such as the immune system, thyroid function and brain development in children.
So should you take too much zinc? Do not take too much zinc. Taking too much zinc can be toxic and cause many health problems such as fatigue, nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhea, and sometimes even death.
Therefore, you should adhere to the recommended dosage and consider food sources of zinc in your daily diet.
If you need to use more drugs or supplements containing zinc, consult your doctor or nutritionist to ensure safety for your health.
3. Harmful effects when the body has too much Zinc
Zinc is essential for the human body. So Is it okay to take an overdose of zinc? If so, what are the harms?
If the body absorbs more than the allowed dose, it will lead to serious harm such as:
- Effects on the digestive system: An excess of zinc can cause diarrhea, abdominal pain, and nausea. When the amount of zinc exceeds the needs of the body, it can stimulate the prostate gland, increase the production of digestive acid and increase the secretion of acid in the stomach, causing an unpleasant feeling in the stomach.
- Causes heart problems: When zinc is too high in the body, it can cause a drop in blood pressure, a slow heart rate, or a stroke. If a person already has heart problems, too much zinc can cause more serious problems.
- Mineral loss: Excess zinc in the body can also cause loss of minerals such as copper, iron, magnesium, calcium and selenium, thereby causing health problems such as anemia, decreased immune function, increased risk of heart disease arteries and atherosclerosis.
In addition, the body will weaken the immune system, increasing the likelihood of infection and causing certain other harms. Therefore, you should pay special attention to avoid excessive zinc intake.
4. What should be noted when taking Zinc?
- Amount: Do not exceed the indicated dose. As recommended by the World Health Organization, the amount of zinc needed for an adult is about 9-11mg per day. The dose of zinc will vary depending on the age and needs of the user. Note that an overdose of zinc can cause health problems such as diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, shortness of breath, and lead to serious poisoning.
- Target audience: does not include people who are allergic to zinc, people with severe kidney and liver disease, infants, and pregnant or lactating women.
- Used Time: Zinc should not be used for long periods of time without a doctor’s supervision. It can affect the immune system and cause anemia.
- Do not use as a substitute for medication: As recommended by doctors, zinc should only be used as part of a healthy diet and nutritional supplement.
In this article, we have learned about the important role of zinc in human health, some notes about the use of zinc need to be taken in the right way and in sufficient dosage. Hopefully with Solife’s share above, you can answer the question “Is drinking a lot of zinc good?”. Be a savvy consumer, before using zinc or any other dietary supplement, read the information carefully and consult a medical professional for proper and safe use. health insurance.