Instructions on how to use vitamin C for health
Understanding the daily vitamin C supplement needs of many different subjects, pharmaceutical companies have launched a series of vitamin c supplements in many different forms. How to use vitamin C most effectively? Let’s find out with Solife through the following article.
1. Which type of vitamin C supplement is good for the body?
The demand for vitamin C today is very diverse and the target audience is rich, from children, pregnant women, adolescents, adults and the elderly. It is not too difficult to name a few synthetic vitamin c that are widely circulated on the market such as:
- Vitamin C tablets
- Vitamin C liquid gel
- Vitamin C chewable candy for children
- Effervescent Vitamin C
- Vitamin C oral solution
- Vitamin C soluble powder
It can be seen that depending on the object and purpose of use, manufacturers have launched many different packaging specifications. For small children, usually under 6 years old, taking tablets will be very difficult. Sometimes a child’s uncorrected swallowing response can cause airway obstruction, which can be life-threatening.
For teens and adults, having a glass of cool vitamin c water every morning is definitely a fun way to start the day. For many reasons as above, vitamin c in liquid form, especially vitamin c effervescent, is considered as the best and most convenient type of vitamin c for all subjects.
Vitamin C effervescent tablets are usually orange in color, with a characteristic light aroma. Upon contact with water, an effervescent reaction takes place, releasing soluble compounds containing vitamin c and other essential micronutrients into the water. It only takes 3-5 minutes for the effervescent tablet to dissolve completely, giving us a very refreshing glass of vitamin c-added water.
2. Natural way to supplement vitamin C
Vitamin C is a very common compound in nature, often found in colorful fruits and vegetables. Here are a few examples for additional natural foods contain vitamin C:
- Citrus fruit, lemon, tangerine, kumquat, grapefruit
- Dark green vegetables
It can be seen that it is not too difficult to choose for yourself foods of natural origin that still contain an abundant amount of vitamin C. However, there are many objective reasons that cause the body to be in a state of vitamin C deficiency such as: improper processing or storage of food causing spoilage or metamorphosis, erratic diet, skipping meals, etc. …
Therefore, the use of functional foods with vitamin c supplements is a perfect choice to make up for the lack of vitamin c from daily meals.
3. Instructions for taking synthetic vitamin C
As for synthetic forms of vitamin c, the most important note before using them is that everyone must understand. That is, this product is not a medicine and is not a substitute for medicine.
Users need to consult a doctor or nutritionist to have the correct information about the correct dosage and usage.
In terms of dosage, Solife has compiled information on the daily limit of vitamin c intake for different ages and body conditions:
- Children under 3 years old: from 25-30mg/day
- From 4-18 years old: from 30-40 mg/day
- Adults: from 50 to 70 mg/day
- Pregnant women: 85 mg/day
- Lactation: 120mg/day.
- Smoker: 35mg/day more than usual dose
- Patients with kidney stones: should not take more than 1g Vitamin C/day. If used too much, it will affect the laboratory tests.
- Patients with high blood pressure: absolutely do not use effervescent drugs, including Vitamin C effervescent tablets. Because effervescent tablets contain a large amount of sodium – a component in salt – the cause of high blood pressure.
Regarding how to use, the following are instructions for using vitamin c:
- Check the information on the label, drug quality, manufacturing date, and expiration date before using vitamin c in any form.
- Consult a specialist, especially those who are taking a combination of medicines or have a history of allergy to the ingredients of the drug.
- Use synthetic vitamin c exactly as recommended by experts and manufacturers.
- Use vitamin c regularly to see the most obvious effect and protect the body comprehensively.
- Immediately take the user to the nearest hospital if detecting signs of poisoning, overdose or allergy to the product’s ingredients such as: dizziness, nausea, increased intestinal irritation, …
- In particular, vitamin C will be better absorbed when used with some other essential nutritional compounds.
4. Some notes when supplementing vitamin C for the body
As mentioned above, it is necessary to read the instructions for using vitamin C carefully before taking it. However, there are a few important notes about recommendations and useful information that Solife can give you as follows:
- The use of vitamin C, especially vitamin C effervescent is best done in the morning or noon, right after eating. In the evening if you take vitamin C, effervescence can increase vitamin C residue in the body, which can cause indigestion or trouble sleeping. Over a long period of time, it can easily cause kidney stones.
- Should drink a lot of water during the use of vitamin C, especially vitamin C effervescent.
- Do not take vitamin C after eating seafood.
- Vitamin C when used in combination with peptides will promote collagen production.
- Your skin will be rejuvenated and improved when combining Niacinamide with vitamin C.
Through the above article, Solife hopes that you have mastered the mechanism of action and instructions for using vitamin C.. Take the initiative to take care of your health in the most comprehensive way with effective vitamin c supplements.