Exercises that are good for bones and joints that you can do at home
Besides healthy nutrition, proper exercise is also an important factor to help you have good health. Especially bone and joint health under the impact of 4.0 technology. Are you exercising properly? The following article Solife will bring you useful information about good exercises for joints.
1. Why is exercise necessary?
According to scientists, proper exercise plays an important role in improving health in general and bone health in particular. Exercise has a positive effect on joints and musculoskeletal diseases.
The statistical report of disease by cause of death investigated by the Statistics and Research Bureau of the Economic Planning Department of Korea since 1980, cardiovascular disease ranked first every year and all six major causes of death, except unexpected accidents, diseases are closely related to individuals not exercising.
Exercise to ensure the body has a good posture
Many people do not pay attention to their posture in working, studying, living, … causing bone and joint damage. Research results show that 90% of people sit in the wrong posture when they regularly use computers, laptops, … Leads to unpredictable consequences such as scoliosis, back pain, neck, shoulder, nape, degeneration, and degeneration. early bones. Exercise and joint exercises are essential for maintaining a healthy body shape and spine.
Regular exercise keeps your nerves fresh and increases performance and resistance to stress, improving sleep.
Increase body flexibility and endurance
A well-trained musculoskeletal system will also improve mobility even in old age and prevent falls, ensuring safety when moving and operating in daily life.
Exercise muscle, reduce the risk of osteoporosis
Studies show that muscle mass and bone are closely related. Exercise helps improve bone structure, increases bone density and reduces the likelihood of injury.
Helps to strengthen muscles, have a beautiful body
Maybe the exerciser is not in perfect shape, but certainly the perfect figure need to exercise. Exercise helps to consume energy, burn fat, reduce the ability to store excess fat, help the body become leaner and more toned.
Everyone benefits from exercise, physical activity. Exercises that are good for your joints are an important part of a healthy lifestyle at any age.
The era of technology 4.0 has a certain impact on the practitioner as well as the method of exercising and sports. The development of the times makes us less sedentary, we work in the office for 8 hours or more drive a car, wash clothes by machine, clean the house with modern appliances that cost less. effort, entertainment by sitting, playing games, watching movies, surfing social networks, … However, the age of technology also helps our practice to have better equipment and facilities to support exercise aid.
The recent COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on exercise practice. We can’t go to crowded places such as gyms, parks, public places, etc. It affects people who have a habit of exercising here. However, we can completely exercise at home with easy-to-practice movements.
- 10 foods that support bones and joints: What to eat and what to avoid?
- Guidelines For Calcium Supplementation For The Elderly With High Efficiency
- Instructions on how to supplement calcium and important notes
2. Good exercises for bones and joints
Chest and neck stretching exercises
This exercise will help you relieve neck, shoulder, back pain, and stretch well. Suitable for office workers, sedentary people. The movement is easy to do for people who don’t have much time to go to the gym.
Exercises to help relieve neck and shoulder pain
- You can stand or sit in the most comfortable way.
- Back straight and perpendicular to the floor.
- Place your right hand on your left temple, pull your head slightly to the right 30 degrees, hold for about 30 seconds. Repeat the same movement with the left hand. Do it about 2 times on each side.
Deep bend when sitting
If you’ve ever practiced or learned about yoga, you probably already know this exercise. This is a basic movement in yoga, but please pay attention to follow the instructions below to avoid practicing the wrong posture:
- Sit straight on the floor. The legs are extended parallel to the floor combined with the straight back to form a 90 degree angle.
- Inhale deeply, slowly raise your arms up. Exhale slightly, bend forward and straighten your arms down to grab the soles of your feet. Face and abdomen close to the legs.
- Inhale and return to the original position. Exhale, lower your arms.
- For beginners, if you find it difficult, you can slightly bend your knees.
Pay attention to keep your back straight throughout the performance, practice regularly and steadily to increase the difficulty of the exercise.
Bends help improve digestion.
Turn your back at a fixed place
This exercise is not only good for bones but also stimulates digestion, helps us absorb nutrients better, affects the intercostal muscles. Helps balance the spine.
The steps include:
- Sit comfortably and neatly on the floor, straightening your legs.
- Bend right leg, place right foot over left thigh.
- The right hand is raised up, behind it, next to the hip, fingers pointing back.
- Inhale deeply, raise your left hand. Exhale, from the chest twist to the back, and at the same time place the left elbow on the knee. Use elbow force to push the knee to the side. Inhale and exhale about 5 times. Do the same with the other side.
- Note: always keep your back straight during the exercise.
This movement helps to tone the abdominal muscles, thighs, entire arms, shoulders and back, avoiding hunchbacks. This is a popular movement in many subjects, toning the main muscles, increasing endurance and endurance.
- From crawling position, spread hands, hands down, wrists in line with shoulders.
- Tiptoes and straighten back so that your body forms a straight line. Toes touch the ground, heels pointing towards the ceiling. Inhale and exhale steadily.
The plank movement works on many muscle groups
This exercise is a musculoskeletal exercise that helps the knee and leg muscles to be more comfortable, the ligaments more flexible.
The steps include:
- Lie in a supine position, straighten your legs.
- Bend your legs, heels close together. Bring your thighs and knees close to your body.
- Wrap your arms around your knees, slowly raise your neck and shoulders close to your knees.
- Return to the starting position, repeat about 5 times.
Single leg lift
- Lie flat on the floor, straighten your legs, hands on the floor.
- Raise your right leg so it forms a 90-degree angle with your body, keeping your knee straight.
- Lower your right leg and do the same with your left leg.
- Do 3 sets of 12 reps each
Exercise tips for good bones
- Before exercising, it is necessary to determine whether the health condition is suitable for the movement or not.
- Note: it is necessary to do some warm-up before starting the exercise.
- All of the above exercises can be easily performed in tight spaces and are good exercises for bones and joints.. Be consistent with exercise combined with a reasonable, healthy diet.
- Consult your doctor if you have joint problems before exercising.
Read more: 6 ways to help keep bones strong you should know
Exercise is a process, it needs to be maintained regularly, listen to the body to adjust exercise, make it an indispensable habit, take advantage of every opportunity to exercise, to have a healthy and resilient body.