Can vitamin C treat acne? How to use it?
Vitamin C is an essential nutrient for the body, especially in health care and skin beauty. In fact, there are many questions about whether it is possible to use vitamin C to treat acne , how to use it to bring high efficiency? All will be answered in detail by Solife in the article below.
1. Effects of vitamin C on skin
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is a water-soluble vitamin that plays many roles in health care, especially for the skin. Specifically, this vitamin brings the following benefits:
- Moisturizes the skin, reduces the water loss of the skin through the epidermis.
- Prevents the development of harmful pigments, for brighter, healthier skin.
- Reduces inflammation, redness and helps fade acne scars quickly.
- Reduce dark circles by protecting the sensitive skin under the eyes.
- Increase collagen, prevent sagging skin, less firmness, appearance of wrinkles.
- Anti-oxidant, protect skin from the sun, limit premature aging skin condition, fast aging…
- Accelerate wound healing, heal scars, anti-inflammatory, anti-infective.
With so many effects on the skin, is it possible to use vitamin C to treat acne?
2. The use of vitamin C in treating acne
Many studies have proven that vitamin C has the ability to treat acne. This active ingredient is effective in the following cases:
2.1 Reducing inflammation
Vitamin C is considered an extremely effective anti-inflammatory agent. Thereby can reduce inflammation and red bumps caused by acne. Using vitamin C is an important step to help reduce the initial acne spots, limit leaving dark spots and scars that cause unsightly skin problems.
2.2 Improve scars
Usually, when squeezing acne the wrong way or encountering external injuries, the collagen in the acne skin will lose, it is easy to form scars.
Vitamin C has the ability to stimulate collagen synthesis, prevent and support the improvement of scars caused by acne. Besides, it also accelerates the healing of acne wounds, limiting the spread to other skin areas.
2.3 Fading dark spots
Finally, vitamin C has the ability to effectively fade dark spots. This vitamin helps to limit the active area of the enzyme Tyrosine, thereby reducing melanin hyperpigmentation, eliminating dark spots caused by acne.
- Does taking vitamin c whiten skin? How to use it to get the effect
- Is it okay to take Collagen and Vitamin C at the same time?
3. How to use vitamin C to treat acne scars
Vitamin C has the ability to effectively treat acne. However, how to use this vitamin to treat dark spots effectively is not well understood.
There are 2 ways to supplement vitamin C to bring positive effects to acne scars, including:
- Get vitamin C from foods.
With this method, you just need to add more vegetables and fruits rich in vitamin C, typically bell peppers, citrus fruits, tangerines, tomatoes, strawberries, broccoli, green out. dark…
The advantage of this method is that it is benign and provides many nutrients for the body. However, the effect is often not too obvious and needs to be persistent for long-term use.
- Supplement vitamin C through functional foods.
The second method of using vitamin C to treat acne and dark spots that should not be ignored is to use supplement products containing a large amount of vitamin C. The advantage of this method is that it provides a quick, clear and economical effect time. However, a major drawback is that it can cause side effects for users.
Experts recommend that you should only supplement about 1000-2000mg of vitamin C per day depending on age. Exceeding this threshold can affect health.
In addition, you can completely use skin care products containing vitamin C such as cleansers, serums, masks, moisturizers … to restore skin, improve acne, dark scars.
4. Some notes when taking vitamin C to treat acne
When using vitamin C supplements to treat acne, especially orally, it is important to note:
- First: Drinking vitamin C in the morning, after a meal will bring better results in skin beauty, anti-inflammatory, and acne reduction.
- Second: Supplement with vitamin C at a reasonable dose, it is best to consult a doctor. Each person has a different body, so it is necessary to use the product line as well as the concentration that is right for you.
- Third: Do not arbitrarily increase / decrease the dose or combine vitamin C with ingredients such as niacinamide or retinol because it can cause skin redness, itching …
- Fourth: Store vitamin C in a cool, dry place, close the lid tightly after use. In case of unusual reactions, quickly see a dermatologist for timely correction.
Read more: Who shouldn’t take vitamin C? Supplement vitamin C properly
Above are Solife’s explanations on how to use vitamin C to treat acne and some ways to supplement vitamin C with good results. Each active ingredient will have different properties, it is important to understand how to use it to get the most effect. Thanks for following this post!