Can I take zinc and vitamin D3 at the same time? What should be noted?
Zinc and vitamins are both substances that play an important role in the development of both mind and strength for each person. So Can I take zinc and vitamin D3 at the same time?? What should be noted to still ensure health safety when drinking them together. Adequate supplementation of zinc and vitamin D3 for children in the period before the age of 5 is essential because it helps children avoid stunting and growth retardation.
1. The effect of zinc and vitamin D3 on the body
Before answering the question of whether to take zinc and vitamin D3 at the same time, let Solfie see what effects these two substances have on each person’s body when standing alone.
1.1. What is the effect of zinc?
Zinc is an element that performs many functions in the body
As an essential trace element of the body, zinc performs many certain functions and roles:
- Participate in the process of cell division, creating stability for organs
- Strengthens the immune system through promoting cell activity
- Anti-inflammatory, support acne treatment
- Reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, …
- Stabilize blood sugar, prevent diabetes
- Heals wounds quickly, especially skin wounds
- Supports digestion and improves taste
- Support the development of both mind and strength for young children.
Each body only needs a small amount of zinc, but zinc deficiency for a long time will cause serious problems, severely affecting daily life as well as individuals.
1.2. What are the effects of vitamin D3?
Vitamin D3 is a type of vitamin that is only soluble in oil, fat or some organic substances, is an essential nutrient to help the body absorb calcium. For health, vitamin D3 has the following roles:
- Enhance the ability to absorb calcium, promote growth, help strong bones, prevent rickets in children
- Improve resistance, fight against infectious diseases, viruses, especially respiratory diseases
- Support to improve brain, good for thinking ability, memory
- Improve heart health
Vitamin D3 has many important effects on the body
Vitamin D3 is in the group of vitamins that the body synthesizes itself when exposed to sunlight, found in many eggs, salmon, cereals, … so in addition to supplementing functional foods you also have can learn and use foods that provide vitamin D3 in nature.
Reference: Tác dụng vitamin D là gì? Vai trò của vitamin D với sức khỏe
2. Can I take zinc and vitamin D3 at the same time?
Through the analysis and screening of doctors, experts on the function of zinc and vitamin D3, the answer is that it is possible to supplement these two substances at the same time for a period of time so that the body can develop properly. evenly. Because according to the survey, the experiment when combining these two substances does not cause side effects but also helps to stimulate taste, increase appetite and absorb nutrients more easily.
3. How to take zinc and vitamin D3 at the same time effectively
The time to take these two substances should be 2-3 hours apart so that the body can easily adapt to each type of substance. Up to now, there have been no undesirable situations when using these two substances together. Depending on age, sex, health status, the dosage of these two substances also varies.
Depending on age, sex, health status, the dosage of these two substances also various substances.
- Group of infants from 0 to 6 months old: 2mg/day
- Children 7-11 months old: 3mg/day
- Children 1-3 years old: 3 mg/day
- Children from 4 to 8 years old: 5mg/day
- Children from 9 to 13 years old: 8mg/day
- Male 14 years and older: 11mg/day
- Females from 14 to 18 years old: 9mg/day
- Females 18 years and older: 8mg/day
- Pregnant and lactating women: 12-13 mg/day.
Need to supplement zinc and vitamin D3 with an appropriate dose
Dosage of vitamin D3 supplements – measured in IU (1IU = 0.025 mcg)
- Group 0 – 12 months: 400 IU = 10 mcg
- Group from 1 to 13 years old: 600 IU = 13 mcg
- Group 14 – 18 years old: 600 IU = 13 mcg
- People from 19 – 70 years old: 600 IU = 13 mcg
- Adults over 70 years old: 800 IU = 20 mcg
- Pregnant and lactating women: 600 IU = 13 mcg.
4. What should be noted when taking zinc and vitamin D3 at the same time?
Should zinc and vitamin D3 be taken at the same time? The answer is yes. Although it is possible to take a combination of both substances at the same time, you should still pay attention to the following things so that these two substances combined do not have adverse effects on human health:
- Take zinc about 1 hour before meals: because this is the golden time to absorb zinc through the small intestine, it is recommended to switch to taking zinc with meals for people with stomach pain.
- Take vitamin D3 during or after eating 1-2 hours for the substances to be easily dissolved in the body
- Zinc should not be taken on an empty stomach because it causes digestive disorders. For children, vitamin D3 should be given in the morning to provide them with energy for a long day
- The time to take these two substances should be 2-3 hours apart so that the body can easily adapt to each type of substance.
Thus, although it is confirmed by doctors and experts that you can drink it, you should only use these two substances in combination for a short time to increase the absorption efficiency of these two substances for the body.
Reference: Vitamin D is abundant in which foods?
Through the above article, can you answer the question of taking zinc and vitamin D3 at the same time?? And the notes when using these two substances together, to ensure the optimal effect of zinc and vitamin D3, we need to pay attention to supplement effectively, should not be overused to avoid unwanted consequences. . Wishing you a lot of health.